Saturday 24 January 2009

Un-photoshop


I dreamt this piece: a blue man with pink eyes, praying, crowned with pink stars. Tee hee. I don't always dream in kitsch but I'm pretty pleased I did as I'm loving this piece (This feeling normally last a couple of days, then passes quickly).
Also, as my copy of photoshop is out of use at the mo I've gone all "craft" with this piece; maybe the passing of Mr Hart re-awakened my love of making things. Anyway, this piece envolved those great Hart Beat staples of a craft-knife (Please get a parent or older sibling to help) and alumimium foil!! Here's my messy desk to show you that no computer was harmed in the making of this image.
I think I may get a bit more into "making things". I really enjoyed it. I was recently flicking through the excellent Illustration Play and came across t
he even more excellent AJ Fosik. There was something about the joy of his work that just gave me a spark. If I were a rich man (Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba etc) the first thing I'd buy is his most excellent Always to Dust; I loves it!
If I was braver I'd probably get a William Morris tattoo.


No comments: